RPA 1 Text Morneau Shepell Handbook of Canadian Pension and Benefit Plans 16th edition for the New CEBS
This is the required textbook for RPA 1 - Managing Retirement Plans Part 1 for the New CEBS program. Please note: this course will be updated in October 2021
National coverage of pension and benefits governance and related issues.
This publication is an indispensable tool for understanding the essential elements of Canadian public and private pension and benefit plans, their legal and regulatory framework and their administrative requirements. Updated and developed by Morneau Shepell professionals, this insightful book provides comprehensive coverage of pensions and benefits, from retirement savings and deferred compensation arrangements to extended health care and employee assistance plans.
New in this Edition
- Updated information reflects new pension legislation passed in Alberta, British Columbia, Nova Scotia, as well as Quebec Bill 57 and Ontario legislative updates
- New Chapter – Public Sector Pension Plans – examines the evolving trends of public sector pension plans and discusses the significant contributions that large Canadian public sector plans have made locally and abroad
- New content on:
- CPP/QPP expansion and OAS changes
- Risk management
- Target benefit plans
- Conflicts of interest
- Pension Governance best practice
- Statements to members and electronic communications
- Funding policies
- Environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors in pension investment
- Mental health in the workplace
- New benefits program delivery models
- Updated with:
- Latest figures for government-sponsored plans
- Information on pooled registered pension plans
- Latest legislative and case law developments affecting pensions and benefits
- Content on managing rising extended health care costs
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) developments
Who Will Benefit
This publication is intended for plan sponsors, plan administrators, pension consultants, pension and benefits lawyers, human resources practitioners and others interested in the field of Canadian pensions and benefits. All the topics you want and all the information you need.
PLEASE NOTE: Shipping on each order of a CEBS Text and Study Guide varies based on shipping location in Canada. Need your study materials shipped outside of Canada? Please contact us for a quote and to place your order.
Study materials are not returnable and no refunds will be made.
We Also Recommend